Wednesday, November 05, 2008


Isn't this the sweetest little ladybug you've ever seen? She was so excited to play in the sand and wade in the water (and Seyan is such a good mother to let her! Let's all take lessons from her). Seyan dressed her as a nun later that evening for the Reformation party but unfortunately I don't have a photo of that! So cute.


Yep, that sand went straight into her mouth. Isn't everything for eating at this age?!



Martha and I went to Muir Woods (as in John Muir, google him if you don't know who he is because you should!) to see the famous redwood trees. They were absolutely enormous, just like everyone says. And beautiful. I wanted to hug one but my arms obviously wouldn't reach that far. And I need to explain this photo. Our motto when living in Morocco was Don't Listen to People, meaning go where you want to go even when people say it's not worth going to because it will probably turn out to be your favorite place in the world. We're adding a new motto: Don't Let Other People Take Your Photo because this is what happens. Live and learn. We did in fact stand inside that tree. That was weird.

2 comments:

Martha said...

1. Little Lydie is adorable of course!

2. I have read that repetition is the only way one learns, so I repeat, and I repeat... DON"T LISTEN TO PEOPLE and TAKE YOUR OWN PHOTOS. Two very important life lessons that only maybe you and me will ever fully understand from our experiences.

3. Now it's time to start figuring out when we will go back to San Fran. Don't you love me?????

Julie Garrett said...

Where is the pic of Lydia in her nun costume?