
Martha and I explored the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood of San Francisco one afternoon to experience the true 60's bohemian feel of the city...not really, but we pretended. One thing that I love about San Francisco is the cultural diversity that is EVERYWHERE. I've said it a million times but I really do feel more "at home" with foreigners (usually Arabs/Africans) than Americans my own age. Just a difference in priorities I guess. Anyway, San Francisco is a great city for that.




Martha is a thrifter and despite all of her efforts, I am just not. (Flea markets are completely different.) I always love the things she finds (i.e. that fabulous red bag in the photo), and she finds some great items for nearly nothing, but I burn out after about 10 minutes. So I let her thrift to her heart's content.
2 comments:
But you CAN be (a thrifter that is)! And isn't it fun to look??? I know you are shaking your head right now saying "No." Oh well, you'll just have to be the tag-along because you know I'm never going to stop taking you thrifting. And think about what you would have missed had you not been with me...like me almost body slamming that beautiful black man?/woman? on haight street...or walking into the mix of things with the SF police as they round up tricky drugsters....
That she-man was out of control. As were the druggies apparently. But they seemed really nice!!!
Post a Comment