Saturday, February 09, 2008

So lately I've been doing a lot of job hunting. It takes third place behind taxes and insurance as Things That I Do Not Enjoy At All. Martha and I took a trip out to Denver to work on job leads there. That would be ideal...but nothing so far. I'm doing a lot of thinking about a "career change" as if that's possible at age 26. I'm not sure I've really had an established career up until this point anyway!

Grad school applications have been sent...but I'm not sure about doing that either.

I'm heading to Virginia again next weekend to see my brother's family (they are adding a new member at the end of the month!) and to attend a debriefing conference in Richmond. Hope to see some good friends there.

Recent reads: "Lipstick Jihad" by Azadeh Moaveni, "Reading Lolita in Tehran" by Azar Nafisi (both have placed Iran on my list of places to visit in this lifetime...which is interesting because it was originally one of the two places I never wanted to go), and "How the Irish Saved Civilization" by Thomas Cahill (a fascinating read about how ancient Irish civilization changed as Christianity finally made it there and how Ireland preserved culture and literature after the fall of Rome).

Today was a beautiful spring-like day here in Arkansas. Unexpectedly warm. I even sat on the porch and read for a while...and it's February! Also worked a little more on my first quilt. I think I've chosen quite a big project for my first but I do love a challenge...sometimes. Martha recently introduced me to The Kinks (they've actually been around a while) and I've got "Mountain Woman" running through my head. I don't know who they're singing about but I think we could be friends.

So that's me for today. Have a great weekend, wherever you are.

4 comments:

danielle said...

hey, if denver doesnt work out for you.. maybe hot springs???

kaw said...

or huntsville!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Garrett said...

or Hattiesburg!!!!!!!!!!

katie said...

Silly people. Stick with Denver (at least Colorado).

And then give me a call when you get there. I'd be happy to bring you down for some ice cream in Manitou Springs. It's like 2 miles from my house:)