My newest nephew, Abraham Daniel, was born today in Virginia Beach. Martha and I arrived late last night and the timing could not have been more perfect. We were so excited to be here to help take care of Joanna while her mommy and daddy were busy with the new one. Abraham was born at home and both he and his mommy are doing wonderful. Tiffany's labor was so quick (well, to me it seemed that way but I wasn't the one in labor) and her strength and composure amazed me. We were especially excited that Martha got to be here since she has delivered many babies in the hospital but never had been a part of one at home! She kept saying, This is SO different from the hospital! But since she wants to pursue midwifery in the near future, it was especially exciting for her to be a part of her own nephew's home birth. We're thrilled that little Abraham is finally here and I'm already in love.Monday, February 18, 2008
My newest nephew, Abraham Daniel, was born today in Virginia Beach. Martha and I arrived late last night and the timing could not have been more perfect. We were so excited to be here to help take care of Joanna while her mommy and daddy were busy with the new one. Abraham was born at home and both he and his mommy are doing wonderful. Tiffany's labor was so quick (well, to me it seemed that way but I wasn't the one in labor) and her strength and composure amazed me. We were especially excited that Martha got to be here since she has delivered many babies in the hospital but never had been a part of one at home! She kept saying, This is SO different from the hospital! But since she wants to pursue midwifery in the near future, it was especially exciting for her to be a part of her own nephew's home birth. We're thrilled that little Abraham is finally here and I'm already in love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so excited for you! Yea that you and Martha got to be there! And I'm sure they're so glad that you're there to help with Joanna.
And we're so thankful that you stopped to see us. It was delightful, and you two are wonderful houseguests!
Enjoy your time!
Kim
Oh look, he's SOOOOOO tiny!!!!!! That is so amazing. Congratulations on being an auntie and I'm so glad you got to be there!!!! ~tracy
Yep, he's a keeper! ;)
Post a Comment