In short, Moroccan weddings are nothing like American weddings. In fact, it's not even necessary for the groom to be present! When I found out that the groom (or any other man for that matter) was not going to show up (he was actually in Belgium), I decided that this is one custom I will not incorporate into my life. A groom must be present at my wedding. There were no vows, no ceremony, just food and dancing. Lots of food and lots of dancing. The bride changed her dress 3 times and we all sat and watched her pose for about 5,000 photos. We ate pastilla and tajine although we didn't eat the bone marrow this time. I wish you all could have experienced the party atmosphere with us, there's really nothing like it to compare it to in America. Out of respect for the bride (whose husband does not like photos to be made of her- outside of family) I am only posting one of some of the special dresses they wear to weddings here.


2 comments:
How exciting that you got to experience a Moroccan wedding! It looks like great fun, and their dresses are beautiful! I love you and miss you more!
So what does the groom do instead of eat food and dance? I'm sure that was a very memorable experience!!!! ~Tracy
Post a Comment