Just a few glimpses of the little town I live in...this is one of the 2 main roads leading into the center of town...

And this is the town plaza...the African version of the Southern town square, and it seems as if small town life is the same universally...it is very common to see families strolling along the plaza in the evenings, enjoying the breeze from the sea, and teenagers dressed to perfection in the latest European trends, obviously keeping their eyes open for marital prospects...or at least something/someone to gossip about.

This is the view of the bay from the center of town, facing east. I'm hoping for better photos on clearer days.

And my home sweet home...Martha and I live on the second floor of this building. Homes are different here than in the other countries I've lived in. In Egypt, there was a bowab or doorman in a typical apartment building but here, each family lives in a separate building so you have your own door to the street. In Jordan, we had courtyards with flowers, but here we have a sidewalk. Martha is standing in our front door in the photo below.

No comments:
Post a Comment