Friday, September 14, 2007

Just a couple of typical things in my life here...In this photo I am wearing a jallaba, which many Moroccan women wear every day, covering their entire bodies to show no figure at all whatsoever (usually with a head scarf, or hijab, as well). In Muslim society it is commonly believed that if a man lusts after a woman, it is her fault and the sin is added to her account, not his. Thus the reason why many women go to great measures to protect their modesty and indirectly, their family honor. I don't wear one on a daily basis but it does come in handy when I don't feel like getting dressed in real clothes to go out. This photo was taken on our way home from the souk, where I go almost every day to get fresh fruits and veggies since nothing lasts long here (yea! no preservatives!).

World-famous Moroccan mint tea. Very sweet and very minty. I could really get used to this.

No comments: