Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Welcome to Spring Skirt


I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed living in a country where creating and crafting are easy to access. It's not that it's non-existent in other parts of the world but it does prove to be much more of a challenge. A challenge that many days I was not up for. Especially since I moved there in just a few bags and my supplies were quite limited. The next time I'm living in a developing country I would love to invest more time in the creative vein of the culture and learn a new way of crafting with whatever resources are at hand. People in the States pay top dollar for such items! But in the meantime, I'm cherishing my sewing machine and local fabric shop here in the heart of the Ozarks.

Updates to the wardrobe are a must for spring. Like a very simple A-line skirt. Perfect for perusing the farmer's market or having brunch with a kindred spirit. I scored this fantastic Amy Butler print on sale at one of the coolest craft shops in downtown Denver, Fancy Tiger.


Check out that Accuracy and Precision, sisters! Our Mother was beaming.

3 comments:

Martha said...

Oh so cute! Mom's got more accuracy and precision in her little pinkie than I do in my whole body...is that the pattern I used for my little orange a-line skirt? Nice work, sister.

Sarah said...

Why, yes it is, sister! I was surprised at such an easy pattern. I wore it on Saturday and even planted potatoes and onions in it! Quite versatile I do say! I think I'll make another...

Tracy said...

I love A line skirts, that's the one thing I've always said, I wish I could make myself because I would have a wardrobe full of pretty skirts! I'm so proud of you! :-)