Saturday, October 18, 2008

1. Have you SEEN the blogs some people have? I'm sure it's not difficult (just like owning a DSLR camera does NOT make you a photographer, having a fancy blog doesn't make you computer-savvy and perhaps vice versa) but I just don't know how all of these new-fangled ideas work. Frankly, I'm not too concerned about it but any tips would be appreciated.

2. I'm in dire need of some good fabric. Northwest Arkansas has been known for its artsiness and craftiness, however, there is a serious lack of quality fabric shops in this corner of the state. We have a plethora of cotton but I'm talking about everything else, especially natural fibers. (Have you seen Mood's on Project Runway? I gasp every time.) Someone, suggestions, help, please. Projects are busting out of my head but have nowhere to take shape!

3 comments:

Martha said...

I got a great big moomoo (or mumu?)from the 60's last weekend at Ballpark Market. I wouldn't wear it but it has a terrific color scheme...blues and greens and chartreuse. And since it is a moomoo it only has seams on both sides, no darts or shaping of any kind. I am planning to use it for a project. Maybe you could find some great old dresses or table cloths or bedsheets at (gasp! i know you hate them...) thrift stores or flea markets even. Even maybe at TJ Maxx or Tuesday Morning or Cheap Thrills? You know me, when I can't find fabric at Hancock's or Hobby Lobby (which I usually can't because it's all cotton!) I go find a table cloth and make a shirt out of that! I wonder what Tim Gunn would say about my style :) Make it work Sarah, make it work. Side note...I so wish you were here to do Pilates with me in my living area space...you would be so proud! I'm a little more graceful than when I did it the first time with you...haaaa. I love you.

Julie Garrett said...

What?!?! A mumu? Martha, I just fell out of my chair.

And, yes, I have seen Mood's on Project Runway! Let's definitely go during our next trip to NYC!

Oh, and most of the blogs that you have seen have probably been altered with a template. Just google "blog templates."

Dara Steward said...

Sometimes it can be hard to find just the right thing. I have had some luck ordering fabrics online. Some will send you swatches, just to make sure. I found some great stuff for curtains... and they actually were located in Tulsa, OK. Good luck on your hunt! Hours spent in fabric stores are longer than most. :o)