...went to Oklahoma to visit Tracy and her husband Adam. I like them a lot. They're really good for each other, as every couple should be but we all know is unfortunaely not always the case.
...think I found a church body to be a part of, which as you probably very well know is no small feat.
...noticed that the moon is full which means that Ramadan is halfway over. Join me in remembering our Muslim friends around the world as they seek peace with God.
...enjoyed two varieties of grapes grown in our local vineyards. They were as dark as night and as sweet as candy. (Random fact...I live in a small community settled by Italians years ago because of its similarity to Italian climate and land...which makes it perfectly suitable for grape vineyards. There's some Arkansas trivia for ya.)
...talked with Martha about my upcoming trip to Colorado. I just can't stay away! (And really, she just can't live without me. Or maybe I just can't live without her...)
...continued to look for a "real" job. Let me say it once and for all, the American idea of a "career" is highly overrated. When can I move back to Africa? (Don't get me wrong, right now I am VERY happy that I live in America. This is where I am supposed to be. There are just several particular things that I miss. I also realize that this shows how spoiled I am being born in my generation because we do have more options than anyone before us. However, I always remember that to whom much is given, much is required...)
...decided that I have nothing to wear to my interview tomorrow. I haven't owned office clothes since I worked in one way back in my post-college Alabama days.
Have a good week.
3 comments:
Well you could always wear some of your clothes from the Middle East/North Africa to your interview like your summertime jalaba from Morocco or your tunics from Egypt...I mean those are quite modest if that's the look you are trying to portray. And I wish you would hurry up and get back here...
Thank you for coming to visit me and my husby. If/when you go back to Africa, hopefully we will come visit you there! :-) But for now we will visit you in NWA b/c that's a good place to be, too. Good luck on your interview!
I'm going to need to know about your church, and your current interview for a real job. We miss you here in Alabama!
Post a Comment