This article was just too good to not share with everyone. It's short and not very detailed but it's a good reminder of one of our highest callings. Most of you know how passionate I am about adoption and how we, as followers of God, have a huge responsibility in taking care of orphaned and neglected children...in America AND around the world. Imagine 132 million children around the world without families. I've met many of them and all those little people I wrapped my arms around now have names and stories. I can't even remember all of their stories but they are usually very similar. Coming to mind right now is Tawfiq, the little boy in Hoceima who came to our door nearly every day wanting food. He was excited if all we had in the house was bread and cheese. And all of the street kids who begged at the corner of my street in Cairo. And all of the boys at the orphanage in Morocco, so many who were developmentally delayed simply from a lack of love and attention. And the kids who lived at our emergency relief center in the Philippines...and at the city landfill as well. I'm sure all of you who have ever traveled/lived in a developing country have seen and experienced this. It's good to be reminded about this responsibility and continually ask ourselves what we are doing about it.
(And this is an organization whose mission is really exciting for me. I can't wait to see what is in store for them.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was a great article! Good call!
Ok it is official...I'm ready to go back to Morocco...or Egypt if you want...or how about Tunisia? That would be fun!
Post a Comment