The weekend in Denver. Fantastic weather. The farmer's markets are beginning to open although the selection is meager since our season starts so much later than lower altitudes. We did pick up a few beautifully red tomatoes (I'm assuming greenhouse grown?) since our plants obviously aren't mature enough to produce yet. However, one of our Early Girl's put out her first little green bud this week. I feel like a proud mother...although I'm sure it's nothing like that.
I bought a new sewing machine this weekend and I cannot wait to get stitching. I have too many ideas in my head and I need to see if they will actually work in reality.
This morning during church Martha said I needed to break out my Arab dance moves (long story) so of course I started daydreaming about my friends on the other side of the world and couldn't concentrate for the rest of the service. I've been talking to my closest Muslim friend in Egypt a lot lately and I feel like she is so far away. So I'm trying to devise a plan for my return ASAP although I'm not convinced that my Starbucks salary is going to support that idea. Jobs, travels, all in good time, right? (sigh)
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend, wherever you are in the world. Grace and peace to you.
2 comments:
Maybe you could get Starbucks to transfer you to Cairo for a while? Haha. That would really be cool if they could set you up with temp housing and you could just transfer from one Starbucks to another and see the world.
oh yeah, now tracy's got an idea! i really like strings too...what if i took up the fiddle? would you be ok with me practicing 4 hours each day in our abode? i wonder if our neighbors would care....probably not, because they are too busy watering their yards..
Post a Comment