Since I have been living in Denver for almost 2 weeks, I thought I should give y'all an update.
I'm currently a barista at Starbucks (I totally feel like a sell-out but it works for now). I need some income while I figure my American life out. And I can really use the free coffee.
The mountains make me happy. Martha and I spend as much time out there as we can.
Our house is feeling more put together (I'm such a nester) and super cute. It is awaiting visitors.
I can't wait to start my garden but due to construction in the backyard, it's not possible quite yet.
I'm church hopping again which makes me feel very unsettled but at least this time I have Martha to accompany me.
Oddly enough, I find myself really missing Africa and the Middle East. This comes much sooner than I expected. I went to the Middle Eastern Market the other day and met 3 Sudanese men who understood my Arabic potpourri. I wanted to ask them if they were married (since they had asked me, of course) but I just knew my reasoning (in order to meet their wives) would not be communicated or understood well. That is a question you just don't ask! However, the market did carry Juhayna juice, for those of you who know what that is. It cost a lot more than 10 pounds. I just closed my eyes and pretended like I was in the Road 9 Metro market for a moment.
I'm sort of drifting. I still don't know what I should do with my life, or even with the next year, month, week...anyone have any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sarah!!! I love that you mentioned Road 9. :) I really like that area. I have a new favorite place in that area - The Green Mill. I'm really encouraged that you found yourself missing this place. I hope that I grow to love it here. Well, I'm excited for you about your new life in Denver.
Oh, I met your Eg mother yesterday. She got excited when I mentioned you. :)
no words of advice. just enjoy where you are and continue to make a change.
Post a Comment