Monday, March 31, 2008

Changes, changes....

I cut all my hair off. Sort of Renee Zellweger in Chicago. I've given up my dream of having long beautiful hair. It just wasn't meant for my head and I'm okay with that.

And I moved to Denver. The adventure continues. Every now and then Martha and I will look at each other and just laugh. Seriously, where will we end up next??? She's really good to have around.

After discussing options for garden plants, we woke up to snow on the ground...every morning we've lived here so far. Is this normal for Colorado in late March? I don't know these things. I just find it a bit odd to see beautiful yellow jonquils with snow on their petals. A bit different than Arkansas at this time of year. All of you people raising your babies in the deep south need to bring them here to see what snow looks like.

We drove into the mountains yesterday before we took our parents to the airport and re-visited one of our favorite mountain towns from my childhood. It's good to be back. And it's good to be reminded why I love this place so much.

I also bought ski pants. Now don't laugh. I've never skiied in my life. I grew up coming to Colorado summer after summer but we never skiied. However, for some reason, I feel the need to learn now. And snowboard and snowshoe and everything else involving snow. I think I'll just use them as multi-purpose snow pants.

I just blogged about ski pants, it's time to end this post.

6 comments:

Martha said...

HA...i love you, roommate.

Tracy said...

I want to see a picture of your hair, assuming you meant it's even shorter than last time I saw you! Skiing is lots of fun. My favorite is 4 oclock run at Breckenridge, because some of it is fast and some of it you have to pole through. I'm not big on black diamonds or anything. :-) Yay for adventures and blogging about ski pants. Haha.

danielle said...

i agree. we need pictures of the hair cut. and of your cute home. and of the snow on the flowers. :) i want to come visit!

kaw said...

Again, I'm going to need some pictures of your house and now your hair! And we do need to bring our baby (that's not so much a baby anymore) out to Colorado to know what snow looks like! Miss you!

The Metcalfs said...

You're so funny! Yes, snow in March and April is normal in this part of the country! Usually we get the biggest blizzards this time of year... so be prepared!

You girls can come up to WY anytime and visit! We'll take you up to the cabin and have lots of fun!

kaw said...

WHEN, WHEN are we going to see pictures of your hair!?