Sunday, March 02, 2008

Since my life is currently running the theme of New Things, I thought I would extend the fun to my blog, just for a little something different. Hopefully I can figure out all these new gadgets and gizmos that come along with it.

I'm spending the week with my sister's family in Mississippi. I'm really thankful that I have had so much time to spend with my family since returning home. Those who know me well (or not very well at all even) know that family is extremely important amongst us Highfills. And let me just mention my very 2-year-old nephew. Seriously, my respect and admiration grows and grows for all of you stay-at-home moms (and dads). How does anyone ever manage more than one?!? **And let me just say that, for the record, even though I feel like it is Baby Season for all my friends, I can honestly say that I am happily childless for this stage of my life.** That said, Caleb is such a joy...even with the occasional meltdowns and bathtime/potty-training drama (yes, sometimes those go together). I love that he loves seeing me again every time we've been apart, even for just a few hours, and I love how he says "Love you, Aunt Seerah" even though tonight at bedtime it came out "Love you, Son." That's close enough for me.

1 comment:

Martha said...

i like the new blog format but you need some color! i LOVE caleb, sad i'm not there with you.