Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm not sure that I ever fully realized (and perhaps I still don't) the heaviness and reality of saying that today is my last day in Cairo. Living in the Arab world just seems so natural to me and although I have a serious love/hate relationship with this city in particular, it was home for a long time and I actually do enjoy coming back here! Martha and I traveled back from Morocco, which is probably one of the most beautiful places on the planet in my opinion, and we are leaving tomorrow morning with a dear friend to head back into the world of America. That sounds incorrect but it's true...America is like a completely different world. Please be gracious to us as we re-adjust and I'm going to go ahead and apologize in advance for telling one too many rambling stories. However, I have lots of stories to tell...of my friends in this part of the world and of my life here...so if anyone is really interested, just let me know. I've done a lot of traveling in the past month so I'm posting links to pictures since it would take too long to post them here: Marrakesh,Chefchaouen, Hoceima, and Germany and the Czech Republic.

No comments: