Monday, August 06, 2007

I visited the Pyramids for the...well, I don't remember how many times I've gone, but it's a lot. But no matter how often I've been in the past, it never gets old that I LIVE in the same city as these massive, ancient buildings. They're just so...BIG and OLD. The mystery still remains as to how they were actually built but everyone has their theory and the guides all remind the tourists that the ancient Egyptians must have been extremely intelligent to accomplish a feat like this. And I agree. I have absolutely no clue how they did it. It's amazing.

This time was different though because I was accompanied by this fantastic girl. Who would have EVER thought that we would be standing here, together, TWICE in our lives?! This journey called life is a funny thing...

I succumbed. I am officially a tourist. I rode a camel. After all this time, I actually rode a camel across the Egyptian desert (ok, so it was like a couple of kilometers but still...). Never mind that I got the most stubborn camel of the group or that my little guide Ibrahim actually tried to leave me in the desert with him. Seriously. Now imagine what kind of story THAT would have been...


2 comments:

Julie Garrett said...

Oh, what I would give to watch you and Martha on a camel in the middle of the desert. I still contend that you girls are a comic strip waiting to happen!

Anonymous said...

Maybe one day I'll be looking at a picture of all three sisters in the desert. If so, you'll have to ride the camels again so Julie can have the full tourist experience.