This was definitely an Arab moment...she really wanted this picture by this nice (albeit man-made) waterfall but the nearby security officer said it was forbidden..."Oh no no no, it's okay, never mind" she assures him..."No, it is forbidden and you cannot climb the rocks"..."Well, we're going to have our picture made here so just never mind...come on Sarah" as she continues climbing...while I'm trying not to fall into the water the guard continues "No, you cannot do this, it is against the rules"..."Oh it doesn't matter, never mind" she says, as if he really didn't know the rules for his one and only job of keeping people off the rocks. So Martha snapped the photo and we climbed down. Then she informed me that she had been there before and wanted the same photo and the same security guard told her it was forbidden and she just ignored him..."I never do what he says and see, I got the photo"...so much for security I guess. At least the guy has a job...Monday, July 30, 2007
This was definitely an Arab moment...she really wanted this picture by this nice (albeit man-made) waterfall but the nearby security officer said it was forbidden..."Oh no no no, it's okay, never mind" she assures him..."No, it is forbidden and you cannot climb the rocks"..."Well, we're going to have our picture made here so just never mind...come on Sarah" as she continues climbing...while I'm trying not to fall into the water the guard continues "No, you cannot do this, it is against the rules"..."Oh it doesn't matter, never mind" she says, as if he really didn't know the rules for his one and only job of keeping people off the rocks. So Martha snapped the photo and we climbed down. Then she informed me that she had been there before and wanted the same photo and the same security guard told her it was forbidden and she just ignored him..."I never do what he says and see, I got the photo"...so much for security I guess. At least the guy has a job...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ha we are going to have to try this tactic when we go back to the states and see what the security guards do when we tell them, "oh don't worry about it, we can do this."
SO typical. Infuriating and funny at the same time. Poor guard-man....
Post a Comment