This is in the "basement" of The Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, in the room (stable) where it is believed that Jesus was born. Now, I know I can be skeptical about these things so I'm not going to go into all the reasons why it seems suspicious (like claiming to know the exact place where Mary gave birth and the exact placement of the manger) but instead focus on what we are celebrating here and that is the birth of the Savior of the world, our long-awaited Redeemer has come! (But I'm sure all the lanterns and incense and gold-plated paraphernalia weren't there at the birth of Christ.) Friday, January 05, 2007
This is in the "basement" of The Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, in the room (stable) where it is believed that Jesus was born. Now, I know I can be skeptical about these things so I'm not going to go into all the reasons why it seems suspicious (like claiming to know the exact place where Mary gave birth and the exact placement of the manger) but instead focus on what we are celebrating here and that is the birth of the Savior of the world, our long-awaited Redeemer has come! (But I'm sure all the lanterns and incense and gold-plated paraphernalia weren't there at the birth of Christ.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment