Tuesday, December 12, 2006


Angela and I took the 10 hour, overnight train to Luxor this past weekend for one last adventure before I leave the country. When we arrived at 7 AM, Mohammad (from the hotel) picked us up from the train station and we took a taxi to the Nile, where we climbed into a motorboat to cross since there is not a bridge. We stayed at a fantastic small Egyptian hotel and were 2 of the 3 guests that weekend, along with a guy from Canada who actually lives in Qatar right now (that's one of the best things about world travel...meeting all sorts of interesting people wherever you go!). Mohammad's father Ahmed owns the hotel and they took wonderful care of us for the weekend. We saw all sorts of pharaonic ruins and enjoyed the getaway from Cairo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of all your world travels, missy!! And your life's them song is HILARIOUS!!! (and sooooo untrue, by the way) :o) I sure wish I could see you. I miss my friend!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's almost time for you to move somewhere new! I am ready to come for another visit. ~tracy