Friday, September 01, 2006

One thing I take for granted in America is that fact that I can drive (my own air-conditioned car) to Target or Wal-Mart or Publix at any time and find every single ingredient for a particular recipe I want to make, and probably several different brands of each item I need, not to mention millions of things I DON'T need. Well, if you don't already know, you need to know THAT'S NOT THE CASE IN MOST ALL OTHER COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD. We are spoiled in America. We have absolutely no room to complain. And I have no room to complain here either. I can find everything I need and a lot of things I just want.
One thing I can't find here is lemon juice, which is a common ingredient in most baking recipes. So...I make my own! The process is simple and it's actually kind of fun.

1 comment:

Martha said...

i'm so proud of your flexibility and creativity...makes cooking quite a task and adventure i'm sure!