Tuesday, July 04, 2006

This past weekend was the Embassy’s Fourth of July party. I haven’t seen so many foreigners, let alone Americans, since I moved here. I felt like I was in America! It was SO American, complete with the national anthem, hot dogs and cotton candy, bingo and door prizes, and ENGLISH. It was a good escape from culture for a few hours. But I miss the fireworks.
















A and me at the party.
















I haven't had cotton candy since I was maybe 9 years old but since it is such an American thing, I just had to partake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you look so beautiful! I really enjoy reading about your adventures. You seem as if you're having a wonderful time. We miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you that Tracy is coming to visit!! Seriously, are you like pee-in-your-pants excited?! (You know you are...) :o You are in my thoughts often!

kate said...

sarah. i hope you are doing well. i think your friend is out there so i hope she brings to you refreshment and some sense of home. thinking of you often!