I have enjoyed experiencing "spring" here. I have been pleasantly surprised at the variety of flowers and trees that are in bloom. They are beautiful! I took a walk in a nearby area of town where a lot of foreigners live (thus the well kept gardens) and took these photos.

I have also enjoyed watching this tree bloom out my front windows. They are all over the city and produce gorgeous red blossoms but I don't know what it's called. The leaves remind me of a mimosa tree but the petals on the blossoms are not so fairy-like (more like an iris) and of course are bright red instead of pink. I particularly enjoy this tree because it stands next to the sheep that live on the roof across the street. Notice that the sheep now have shelter from the sun...these people REALLY love those sheep.


No comments:
Post a Comment