Monday, August 10, 2009

Thoughts for a Monday

1. I took guitar lessons in high school but haven't been able to play anything but "Summer of '69" for 10 years (if you can only play one song, that's a good one, don't you think?) so I decided it was time to expand my repertoire. Martha gave me a lesson this weekend (yes, just one more thing she knows how to do...Renaissance Woman, I tell ya) and now I know 4 chords and can play "I'll Fly Away." I know you're probably pretty excited about an impromptu bluegrass concert but let me warn you that it reminds me of my days in second grade when I was beginning to take piano lessons and the only song I could play was "Here We Go, Up a Row" and I'm not so sure my family was as excited about it as I was.

2. I am a forever fan of spray paint. My friend Kim told me that she will never go back to the regular stuff so I had to see what all the rave was about. Martha and I completed a little DIY weekend project and I now have a super cute blue chest of drawers in my "office" and I have to say, it really was the easiest home project I think I have ever done. I already have a long list of things that surely need to be transformed. My Granny used to say that my Gran (her mother) would paint anything that sat still long enough (she was actually an artist) and I would like to think that even though a can of spray paint wasn't exactly the kind of art that my Gran would probably appreciate, maybe I could become a painter one day after all.

3. My parents are planning a trip to Europe this fall. Those adventurers. Always up for exploring a new country...or two...or several. It's really their fault that I'm the way that I am. I also blame Rick Steves.

4. A sure way of making it rain is to straighten my hair. First time all summer, and of course the sky falls out. Hasn't rained in weeks.

1 comment:

kaw said...

I'm spray painting today. Are you?