My little habeeb came to visit me and we had a grand time. We explored streams and wandered around mountain lakes and along forest paths. He talked with the chipmunks and waded in frigid alpine waters and enjoyed being a true mountain man...well, at least a mountain man in the making. When I took him and his parents back to the airport, he was still asking to go to Colorado so I'm pretty sure he had no clue what that meant, just that Aunties Sarah and Martha lived there and it was a fun place to go!


Martha and I took our guy to the farmer's market while Michael and Julie enjoyed a child-free Saturday morning in Boulder. He asked to touch every dog he saw and was very polite ("fank you!") to their owners. He also enjoyed a lot of fresh peaches and his new favorite, blackberries. And just a word about having babies ('tis the season for my friends apparently...I can think of nearly 10 off the top of my head...I'm sorry y'all but I just can't keep up with the baby quilts). Children are time-consuming and as a happily single/childless 26-year-old who loves her nephews and niece, I also love the freedom of my singleness. My idea of a schedule is giving Martha a late-afternoon phone call and deciding what our plans are for the evening. I remember when I kept Caleb alone for several days last March and I decided that parenting alone must be one of the most difficult tasks on this planet. Children are a blessing and so much fun and one day I want a whole house-full from all over this beautiful world...but if I needed a reminder that God's timing is perfect, this is a good one.



2 comments:
we are the best aunties ever huh??? i love how in those 2 pictures you are hovering over Caleb because we all know if you turn your head for a second, caleb will be jumping on a dog or asking a stranger for their food they are eating...our little love.
Martha, you have spoken the truth. Especially in a crowd of people, you just never know where he might end up...that curious little man.
Post a Comment