Monday, May 05, 2008

We took advantage of the great Colorado weather we had this weekend and worked in the garden on Saturday and Sunday. Tomatoes and squash are in. Martha's trying the basil in a pot. We're considering spinach and thinking about doing our mint from seeds instead of seedlings. But of course we HAVE to have mint. What kind of Arabs would we be if we didn't?! So the process is coming along and we're hoping that we're past most of the snow...although native Coloradans tell us that this back and forth crazy weather can continue until JUNE. Oh heaven help us.

We visited another church this weekend and I have to admit that I am very discouraged in that area. I'm trying not to be the cynical type who isn't happy anywhere but I really am concerned with the shallowness of many American churches. I'm not really sure what to do about that.

We've been living here for over a month, can you believe it?! Martha told me yesterday that she's ready for a road trip. Ha! We really are nomads, sufferers of wanderlust. A good friend reminded me the other day that we are really never home wherever we are (or something to that affect) and it gives me comfort to be reminded that no matter where I go or where I live (or how well I re-adjust to the country in which I'm living), I'm never really going to feel at home until I am home forever. In the meantime, we're looking at Utah for Memorial Day.

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Shan said...

Why don't you guys drive up here and come and see me and Seyan and Lydia!