Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Waiting, waiting, waiting...to hear from Denver.

So in the meantime I'm doing what any respectable crafter would do and I'm creating like crazy. I have an oh-so-adorable project in the works for my best friend from high school, Tracy. She has met her Most Favorite Man and is going to marry him in June. I can't wait to give it to her...I love surprises! Also still working on my quilt for a special little someone. I'll post a photo when it's finished. I think it's really pretty. My sister just finished her's and it looks great. Who would have thought we would turn out to be quilters???

Going to make a new creation with asparagus and portabella mushrooms for dinner. Yum! Need to get that started. Those who are living in my household right now are all vegetarians/vegans. We have never really eaten much meat so this isn't a big deal but we love trying out new veggie recipes. Just yesterday we talked about all the wonderful things that will be out at the farmer's market soon.

Spring is upon us...I can feel it...and I just love it. Most of my skipped classes in college were definitely in the spring. Staring out a classroom window into a beautiful spring day is a sure form of torture for college kids suffering from spring fever. So with that said, I'm going outside...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I can totally see the Highfill girls being quilters! You've always been so Martha Stewart-ish!

Anonymous said...

Oooo I LOVE surprises! Serious torture though. :-) Love you! I will call you next week about invitations. I'm looking forward to seeing you! ~tracy p.s. I think I'm going to delete my xanga account. I don't like it. I think I am going to join your ranks. Anywho....

Tracy said...

I now have a google account! I am no longer anonymous! But I haven't figured out how to add people's blogs to my site yet.