Aqaba is an interesting city. It's situated on a very important Gulf for importing and exporting to this part of the world and from this one city you can see 4 different countries: Egypt, Israel/Palestine, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia. It's completely Arab although just a few kilos away you can see the very developed skyline of Eilat, Israel (this photo is taken looking west towards Eilat and Taba, Egypt although the dusty haze is heavy). Last November I was in the Sinai, looking across this Gulf to the KSA and now I have seen the Sinai from the other side. I guess we just never know where we might end up. Life is strange like that. Amanda, Jim, Gwen, and I went to Aqaba for the weekend, just to get out of town for a while and it was so relaxing.Saturday, June 02, 2007
Aqaba is an interesting city. It's situated on a very important Gulf for importing and exporting to this part of the world and from this one city you can see 4 different countries: Egypt, Israel/Palestine, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia. It's completely Arab although just a few kilos away you can see the very developed skyline of Eilat, Israel (this photo is taken looking west towards Eilat and Taba, Egypt although the dusty haze is heavy). Last November I was in the Sinai, looking across this Gulf to the KSA and now I have seen the Sinai from the other side. I guess we just never know where we might end up. Life is strange like that. Amanda, Jim, Gwen, and I went to Aqaba for the weekend, just to get out of town for a while and it was so relaxing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment