Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I have never been so thankful for hot water in my life. Hot water is a luxury. Something as simple as hot running water, something we, as Americans, take for granted day after day, is an extravagant comfort that many people in the world live without. I remember stories from good friends living in Asia about how they were so excited when they could take their weekly hot shower...and now I'm experiencing the same thing. The flat I live in has hot water capabilites but it has been broken for almost a week (which feels like forever in this cold weather). And it's not as easy as hot water in the States. In fact, I don't really understand it myself otherwise I would explain it. Anyway, after finally finding an honest man who was recommended by another trusted friend of a friend (the Arab way), it only took 3 visits (3 days) to my house to fix the problem. I realize that a week is really nothing in the whole scheme of things but even small issues like this cause me to stop and think. I'm not complaining and, no, I'm not trying to prove a point, I'm just saying praise the Lord for hot water and I really mean it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have your hot water back! ~tracy