Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Today is my last day in Egypt. Wow. It's very surreal. Tomorrow I will start a new life in another part of the Middle East. I would say that "time flies" but in a very real sense, I feel like I have lived here forever, not just 9 months. I've adjusted to life here and it's home, as strange as that sounds, even to hear myself say it. I'm no longer intimidated by only hearing Arabic spoken all around me. I'm used to being surrounded by people ALL THE TIME. I'm used to being stared at ALL THE TIME. I've adjusted to life without my family and closest friends (although not easily, I might add). But this is home. And tomorrow I will have a new home...ready for another adventure! Stay tuned for more...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're moving already! Your camera would be a nice addition and you should definitely get that. I have a fancy camera, but I got it before the digital revolution, so it's just a 35 mm. But I do enjoy it. :-) I can't wait to hear all about your new location and adventures!

Anonymous said...

oops i forgot to leave my name. ~tracy

Anonymous said...

sarah, this is ashley marble...i graduated with martha from obu..not sure if you know who i am. i am not a stalker i promise! ha! I am living in Switzerland right now and I came across your blog! I am fascinated by it all! I also loved what you wrote here. transitioning into the culture here (although still very western) has not been the easiest thing so it was good to see that months down the road there is hope! i hope you enjoy your new home!!!

ashley
www.thesweetexchange.blogspot.com
ashleydmarble@gmail.com

Bonnie Lawrence said...

can anyone hear me??!!!