Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Last week my grammar teacher challenged me to translate this full page of Arabic…and the crazy thing is…I DID. I took me a while and I had to look up a few words but for the most part, I understood everything. And when I was finished I sat back and thought, That page of scribbles that two months ago would have been complete nonsense to me now makes perfect sense. AMAZING. I just had to take a picture to commemorate the moment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

soon enough i'm going to be the odd one out in our family when you get back and only speak in arabic with N and T...J will probably be talking baby gibberish in arabic before she's even 2 years old...love

Anonymous said...

Im going to have to put all of my comments in one. I think that would be better choice for your time. What if I made this all about me and I told you al the great things I've don't like driving in rental car north of Dallas. Don't get jealous. You know that sounded funnier in my head. So did you get like a camel ride while you where, some cotton candy. I'm sure it was now carnival with the description that you had given. What do you spend your time thinking about? Do you wonder if you've changed anyones mind about what they think about? How does one leave every thing they have ever known? Do you count down the days or do you try to add more in a day so it seems longer. Did a camel ever spit on you. My experience on watching the discovery channel has told me that could happen. Ok. Sarah, you've made language seem like poetry. The learning of it. I've always looked at it as a chore. Now I find my self on the local latin music station. Ok. enough. Stay safe.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally impressed. :-) _tracy