At the giraffe center, you can feed the giraffes…which might sound fun until they wrap their long tongues around your hand and pull your hand into their mouth. Yeah, really gross. It took me a few tries to actually get the food into the giraffe’s mouth (because I was really grossed out, needless to say) but at least I can say I did it…although I might never do it again! But aren’t they cute???

4 comments:
Great pictures! One of my memories from when I was a kid is going to a zoo in Pensacola and feeding the gifaffes. I thought it wouldn't be too bad but then he wrapped his tongue around my hand and it was so hairy that I yanked my hand out and spilled all the food. I think I cried b/c it scared me so much. Hahaha. Anyways, so that was funny reading about your hairy giraffe tongue experience too. :-) ~Tracy
I love hearing about everything that is happening with you. Thank you for the emails. I am asking for protection and blessing while you are gone. Your hair looks cute in these pics :)
Morgan
(from the Salon)
I always check for a new story from you when I check for new pictures of Caleb. Your stories are great. Keep safe and keep writing.
Mrs. Eaton (Caleb's Granny)
Too funny! I can just see you standing there, laughing, as the giraffe is eating your hand! Glad you're having some fun! :)
Post a Comment