Thursday, December 01, 2005

Today is my last day in Birmingham and I have to admit that I am sad. It's bittersweet...I expected it to be difficult to leave friends, I expected to be excited to leave and move on, but I really am sad. Another chapter closed. A very GOOD chapter closed. But to save you from a sentimental and, yes, dramatic discourse on my time here, I will simply leave you with a brief and obviously incomplete record of a few of my favorite memories from my life in Birmingham:

Living with Julie and Michael for a year

Experiencing the birth of my favorite baby boy, Caleb Michael

Frequent trips to Destin with Martha this summer

Working with GREAT girls at Lifeline

My vintage, red-walled apartment on Manhattan Street in Homewood

Hiking/Camping all over the place with Martha

Good talks with my neighbor about what living overseas is like


Banana Republic Outlet

Travel chats at Starbucks with Kim

Long bike rides in the woods with Martha (that was before my bike was stolen of course)

O’Henry’s

Worship at Brook Hills

Life Groups (props to Jill Puckett and the rest of the girls)

Re-connecting with two old high school friends who live here

Re-connecting with three old college friends who randomly moved here as well

Looking at lofts downtown with Bonnie for a new place to live

Practically living with Bonnie anyway and laughing all the time

And, by the way, in just two weeks from today, I will be in Taos, New Mexico with Martha!!! I can't wait.

Also, congratulations are in order for my wonderful parents who have been married for 32 years today! Thanks for being such an incredible example of love and committment for me. My siblings and I are very blessed.

No comments: